"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Monday, June 23, 2014

It's that time of year when the garden is overflowing with zucchini

This is the perfect thing to make wit it! This zucchini bread is so flavorful and moist and will get quickly eaten by your guests that you will have no problem using up all of the zucchini in your garden!

Zucchini Bread
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups grated fresh zucchini
2/3 cup melted butter
2 tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsps. cinnamon
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour two 5 x 9 loaf pans.
In a large bowl mix together sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in grated zucchini and then melted butter. 
Sprinkle baking soda and salt over this mixture and stir in. Add flour a third at a time and combine well. Sprinkle in cinnamon and nutmeg. Fold in nuts and raisins.
Divide batter into both pans and bake for 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Turn out of pans. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Granni's lil Corner said...

I know I'm looking forward to trying this recipe, it looks really good.
Thank you for sharing with us.

Debra said...

Definitely going to make this! And how I love the Grannie's recipe on your sidebar! It made me cry! Made me remember my own grandma-she was just pure love.