"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Something very quick, easy, and wonderful for your 4th celebration!

With all of the grilled meats, sides, and desserts for the celebration meal on the 4th, this fruit salad is a great addition.
Rum extract delicately flavors this medley of fresh fruit
Rainbow Fruit Salad
6 cups fresh fruit, such as grapes, melon, berries and kiwi
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon imitation rum extract
Mix fruit, confectioners' sugar and rum extract in large bowl. Cover. Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve.
Enjoy! Have a wonderful 4th!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi! May I say, all three of your blogs are wonderful! I am impressed! Can't recall how I hopped over here, but glad I did.
(I lived in Longview TX one year, my first child is a Texan!)

Sally said...

Ah, this makes me miss my mom's fruit salad for some reason. Yours looks delicious! :)