"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Pecan Pie Tarts..............Whenever I go to a pastry shop.......

or to a restaurant, I enjoy the foods, of course, but I am always inspired when I try something new..........
 
and maybe not new in taste, but served differently............ I have to rush home and try it!
I was in a coffee shop recently and in their pastry display case was an assortment of little pie tarts.
They were just the cutest! Since I make my husband's lunch for the next day's work, I decided I would make some Pecan Pie tarts. They are small and wonderful to be eaten by hand, especially when you are in a hurry to get back to work.
I know that it is not a big deal to make pecan pie tarts...........but I thought I would have a little helpful information to go along with the recipe if you want to make them yourself.
I made two batches of regular pie dough. I made the regular pecan pie filling as you would for a whole pie ( I chopped the nuts). I  used  a cup size measuring cup to cut the pie dough into rounds. I then placed each dough round into the bottom of a muffin tin. I filled the dough cups to just a little under the edge of the pie dough. I baked the tarts at 350F. for about 20 to 30 minutes until crusts were golden and filling seemed set.
It is good to let the tarts rest in the muffin tins until they cool slightly. They come out of the tins so much better and are not too hot or gooey to handle. I run a knife along the edge to loosen the tarts from the tins.
This turned out 25 cute and delicious little tarts. The crust was so flaky!
Here is the recipe for a standard pecan pie that you can use for these tarts............or use your own best recipe. Enjoy!
 


Pie Crust
1/3 cup shortening
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
3 tbs. warm water
Combine shortening, flour, salt, with pastry blender until mixture resembles crumbs. Add  water and mix dough until you form a soft ball. Roll out on floured surface to desired shape.
 
Pecan Pie
3 eggs
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup sugar
2 tbs. margarine melted
1 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt
1 cup pecans
1 9 inch unbaked pastry shell
Beat eggs, slightly in a small bowl. Beat in corn syrup, sugar, margarine, vanilla and salt. Stir in pecans. Pour into pie shell and bake at 350.F oven for 55 to 65 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool . Enjoy!


2 comments:

Country Gal said...

Sounds good ! Thanks for sharing the recipe ! Have a good day !

Sunniebgi said...

thanks for this. interesting enough, I have been baking pecan pies for over 30 years. (our recipes are basically the same, but I use Dark Brown sugar and light corn syrup). and only started making tarts (tassies as some call them) just in the last couple of years. Most of the recipes call for a Cream Cheese Crust and they don't add the the Corn syrup to the filling.. however.. I think today, I'm going to use my regular filling (cause it just tastes soo much better).. thanks for posting this on your blog. good to know someone just did a regular pecan pie.. only smaller...