"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

This is a wonderful dish! I was amazed at how tender the flour tortillas came out. I have a small round crock pot, so 4 large tortillas fit perfectly , instead of using 8. Easy and delicious!


Crock Pot Enchiladas
1 pound lean ground beef
1 tablespoon butter

1 small onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 can (15 ounces) pinto  beans, drained ( 2 cups homemade are great)
1 can (10 ounces) rotel tomatoes mild, drained
1 teaspoon chili powder

1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder


2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterrey jack cheese
8 flour tortillas or 4 if tortillas are large and fit into round crock pot

1 can (15 ounces) mild green enchilada sauce

Cook beef over medium heat until done; drain. Meanwhile saute onion and bell pepper in butter until tender. Add onion and pepper to beef. Stir in beans,rotel tomatoes, chili powder, salt, cumin, pepper and garlic powder. In a slow cooker place two tortillas side by side, overlapping if necessary. Layer with a forth of the beef mixture and a fourth of the cheese. Repeat layers three more times. Pour enchilada sauce over all. Cover and cook on low for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until heated through. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Miss Holly said...

Oh my gosh....I just had breakfast and I still want this!! It looks so good....this will be added to my files for sure!!

Country Gal said...

Looks and sounds YUMMY ! thanks for sharing the recipe . I love my crockpot/slow cooker ! Have a great day !

Heidi said...

Makes me want a crock pot. :-) I wonder if I could do this and put it in a big pot in a low heat oven?

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Linda said...

I love crockpots, and this looks divine!