"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Baked Spaghetti


When ever I think of this dish, I think upon all of the church pot luck dinners my family and I have attended. If you ever attend one, I promise you, more than likely, you will find a large dish of baked spaghetti that someone from the church lovingly prepared.  It is an easy dish that you can stick into the oven, and while it is baking,  the aroma will fill your home. You take it out and you have a wonderful,  large dish of delicious food to feed a crowd.
If you are just feeding your family, this dish can easily be divided  into portions and frozen for later use.

Baked Spaghetti

1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped green peppe
1 tbs. butter
1 can 28oz. diced tomatoes with the liquid
1 can 4oz. sliced mushrooms, drained
1 can 2 1/4 oz. sliced ripe olives, drained
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
12 oz. cooked spagetti, drained
2 cups mozzerella cheese, grated
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup paremsean cheese, grated

In a larger skillet saut'e onion and pepper in butter until tender. Add tomatoes, mushrooms, olives,  Italian seasoning, and ground beef. Simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes. Place half of the spaghetti into a greased 13x 9x 2 in. baking dish. Top with half of the meat mixture. Sprinkle with one cup of mozzerella cheese. Repeat the layer. Mix the soup with the water until smooth and then pour over the spaghetti casserole. Sprinkle with parmesean cheese. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 -40 minutes until heated through. Enjoy!

7 comments:

Muddling Through said...

Okay, I'm saving this one. I'll try it soon. Really looks good! Thanks!!

Betty Lou said...

Sounds so good, I think I will try it tomarinorrow night. Thanks for sharing.

Conni said...

I'm going to try this with soy "crumbles" - it looks delicious! Thanks for another wonderful recipe!

Tink's Tinkerings said...

Oh my godness, I know I should eat the fruit, but this recipe looks so yum,. Can I come to your house for dinner? Have a great week, Tink

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

This looks so scrumptious. I must try it. Thank you for the recipe!

Flora said...

I just found your second blog!! Wow...yummy recipes...I just need more time to explore:)

janice15 said...

This looks so good will have to give it a try...