"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Baked Creamed Corn

Summer is almost over, gardens have long been planted and probably by now, much has been harvested. Many folks have processed the season's bounty and now have shelves lined with jars of tomatoes, corn, peas, and beans.
Corn is always a wonderful side to almost any dish. This recipe gives corn a different creamy flavor. The recipe calls for canned cream-style corn, but for you that make your own cream style corn,  the fresh corn will make it taste even more flavorful!

Baked Creamed Corn
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tbs. butter
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 cup creamed style corn
1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
In large bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, salt, butter, pepper and corn; mix well. Pour into a greased 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle cheese over the top. Bake at 350.F degrees for 30 minutes. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

This sounds yummy but I do not know how to make cream corn, maybe you have a great recipe? then I can try this baked one.

Flat Creek Farm said...

Yum! I did not know that you had a cooking blog until just now :) Now I see where I need to come for cooking ideas. Thanks, this looks delish! And that hummingbird cake recipe below looks like one I have used before. OMGoodness.. almost forgot about it. Love it to pieces! (and the name ;)) -Tammy

Michaele said...

Yum!