"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Small Hand Pies

These are so wonderful and easy to just pick up and eat with your hand! Simply use your favorite pie crust and pie filling recipe..............I used apple.The dough comes out so flaky and the pie is so tasty! 
Prepare your pie filling, set aside. I used a two crust recipe so that I would have enough pie dough to make about 8 small hand pies, depending on how large you cut your crusts.
Roll dough out and cut dough into circles measuring 6 or 7 inches. Fill each circle with a little under a 1/2 cup of pie filling.
Gently fold crust around filling, creating a pie crust edge. Brush the edges with light water and sprinkle coarse sugar on top of pie. Place pies onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake pies at 400 F. for about 30 minutes, decreasing oven to 375 F. and baking about 10 minutes longer or until pie is bubbly.  Remove from oven and let cool. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Sue said...

This does look so delightful. I like the idea of individual pies, my mother and I make them and freeze them. Though yours looks more professional. Thank you for sharing.
Sue

Sunny said...

I just had to stop by for THIS recipe! I have the ast of apples I kapt all winter and need to use up. These will be great for hubby's pail. Can you free them? I am going to try....