"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

I've come back


to this blog that I have been away from so very long. I thought I would combine it with my country living blog, however, I still love to have my own cookbook in a way. To get started is a wondeful recipe that I have previously posted on my country living blog, but feel it deserves a place here. Enjoy!




I ran across a recipe titled Italian Chicken Sticks. I decided to give this a try with my homemade pasta. Oh, let me tell you!.............................just wonderful! Now, in my cooking, I will never take those tiny, grainy bread crumbs for granted ever again! I have made them to be a constant in my pantry. If you are tired of chicken fried, baked, and roasted,..............give this tasty and( may I add, quick and easy), recipe a try. You'll be glad you did! Enjoy!


Italian Chicken Sticks
1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1 1/2 tsp. thyme
1 1/2 tsp. basil
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Pinch of ground red pepper
1 stick of melted butter
8 boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2 inch strips
Marinara sauce or honey mustard for dipping
Preheat oven to 400.F degrees. In a pie plate , combine the breadcrumbs and seasonings. Dip the chicken strips into the melted butter and then dredge them in the breadcrumb mixture. Place chicken strips in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve the chicken sticks hot with sauces . Enjoy!

1 comment:

peggy said...

This looks really good. I think it's okay to take a break between posts. We really like you and will wait. Also I like that it's a "specialty" blog.