"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Homemade Pizza

Even though my days are now spent at the small diner............cooking from 6:30 in the morning until 2:00 in the day...............I still love to cook! I still love to read cookbooks as if they were romance novels and I love the smell of fresh bread baking in my kitchen. Today I made my family's favorite homemade pizza. I fix the usual pepperoni for my son..........

but my husband loves this wonderful bacon/potato pizza. I use the bread dough recipe I have posted on this blog.........in my blog archives on June 27, 2009........you can find the recipe there..........
this recipe makes enough dough for two large pizzas,just what I need for my family, but you can use purchased pizza dough or any other recipe you prefer. As you can see on the above photo, only one portion has onions, because my husband does not like onions, but I do.

This is a hearty, wonderful pizza. Here is the recipe for the ingredients on top of the pizza dough you choose.
Pizza dough of your choice
Pizza sauce of your choice..........I use Ragu
8 pieces of cooked crunchy bacon
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
1 baked potato, cooled and sliced into thin slices
1/2 chopped onion, if preferred
a little bit of grated cheddar cheese
1 to 2 cups of grated mozzerella cheese
Spread your pizza dough onto well greased pizza pan. Lightly spread pizza sauce on top of dough. Then cover with grated mozzarella cheese. Place baked potato slices, diced bell pepper, crumbled bacon and onions and whatever else you desire on your pizza. Top with just a little sprinkle of grated cheddar cheese. Place in pre heated 425.F oven. Bake about 20 minutes or until dough is golden on bottom. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Deborah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deborah said...

We love homemade pizza too. My favorite is rosemary chicken and potato.

Childers Corner said...

Your pizza looks delicious! I'll have to try your dough. I used to make pizza all the time and it was great but lately, it just doesn't taste right and I can't figure it out. I use the same sauce recipe I've used ,the dough is just different somehow.