"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day To You All!

Sweets for your sweet!
Fudge is often associated for Christmas, but it is always appreciated for Valentine's day as well! I make a big container of this for my sweetie at this time of year. I am sure you are all acquainted with the ever so easy Fantasy Fudge? Well, this is the best fudge ever..........to me.........and my sweetie. So here is the recipe:
Fantasy Fudge
3 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 12-oz. (340 g) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 7-oz. (198 g) jar Kraft Marshmallow creme
1 cup chopped nuts
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine sugar, margarine and milk in heavy 2-1/2 quart saucepan; bring to full rolling bail, stirring constantly. Continue boiling 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring. Remove from heat, stir in chocolate till melted. Add marshmallow creme, nuts & vanilla beat till blended. Pour into greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Let cool and cut into 1-inch squares. Enjoy!

4 comments:

the rusty cupboard said...

happy valentines day to you also

K-Falls Farmgirl Cheryl said...

HAppy Valentines Day to you as well.. Love your cooking blog too.

The Gingerbread House said...

Kathleen, the fudge looks delicious and I'm going to try it out ...I declare we are both going to be "little houses" :o)
Don't give up the idea of selling your wares...word of mouth is sometimes the best advertising
..just don't give up..Ginny

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Kathleen,
I just love fudge and this sounds like a fantastic recipe. Thanks for sharing it. I can hardly wait to try it. Hope you have a wonderful week.