"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Success And The Recipe!

Here it is!! Doesn't it look pretty? And yes, it is so delicious. Even though it had brick after brick of cream cheese in it............it came out light, creamy, and very rich!
I served strawberries along with it. Out of my whole family of (the pickiest eaters) they all like it! Which is an accomplishment for me! One of the "pickiest eaters of the world " asked me to make a chocolate marbled one next..............I think I will! So here is a wonderful recipe for you!

New York Cheesecake
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons butter, melted
5 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 eggs 1 cup sour cream
Mix crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 350° F. for 10 minutes.
Mix cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, flour and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition, just until blended. Blend in sour cream. Pour over crust.
Bake 1 hour and 5 minutes to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until center is almost set. Run a small knife around the rim of the pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Enjoy!



5 comments:

Patty H. said...

Yeah!! It looks so yummy. I love strawberries on a cheesecake.

K-Falls Farmgirl Cheryl said...

Did you save me a piece? Looks yummy!

RiverBend Farm said...

Kathleen, I had no idea you had a cooking blog! Awesome! I'm working on putting in a commercial kitchen..come cook with me!
Berte

Together We Save said...

Yummy!!

Nancy M. said...

IT looks delicious!