"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Savory Skillet Rolls

Light, buttery, savory, and so delicious!
Since I am spending my time looking for recipes through a lot of my books, I don't have a really new recipe to post.
My menu consisted of:
Country Fried Chicken
Mashed Potatoes
Gravy
Fresh corn
Savory Skillet Rolls
However, these yeast rolls have turned out to be my family's favorite. I have already posted the recipe for the yeast dough on my previous post , Homemade Bread Everyday June 27, 2009, so you may click on that post for the recipe. The only thing I do differently for this recipe is place the dough in balls into a large well greased iron skillet. Butter the risen dough and then sprinkle garlic powder, sea salt and Rosemary over the dough. Place into a preheated 400.F oven and bake until golden brown. Serve out of skillet. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Mildred said...

I can just imagine the aroma now!

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Where did you get the skillet rolls recipe?

Pat

The Gingerbread House said...

Kathleen,I hadn't planned on making any rolls, but those look so delicous raw! it made me jump up for the shear joy of eating one..maybe I can wait for tomorrow to make them..going to get your recipe now..By the way, I hope I wished you a "Happy New Year" ! .Ginny

The Gingerbread House said...

Kathleen the rolls were divine, we ate the whole lot in two days, (dinner and breakfast :o)...Ginny