"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Friday, January 15, 2010

A First Try At Cheesecake

Here it is! Finally.......a real cheesecake....baking in my oven!! For the past 27 married years, I have baked the standard favorites and some new things......but never a cheesecake. I have made the easy jello, mix and put in the fridge kind, I have made the wonderful cheery cheese pie.....but have always steered away from one that you actually have to bake. ...
One reason.....I never have bought a spring form pan....
.....the main reason.......not sure if it will come out right.
This summer, my dear friend, from way back in childhood/schooldays......made her yearly visit to our home. Along with her she brought a set of spring form pans.....just for me!!
I just made a plain New York Cheesecake.....the batter tastes wonderful!!
If it comes out like "cheesecake" I will post the recipe sometime late this weekend. If it doesn't turn out....I will have a disappointing post to make.
How about you?? Have you made cheesecake before? Were you pleased with the results? I would love to hear!

3 comments:

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

I have made cheesecake, but not often. I could really get into trouble with cheesecake around the house! It's my favorite! Growing up, my Mom always made me a cheesecake for my birthday and at 35 years old, I still get it.
hope yours turned out good!

The Gingerbread House said...

Kathleen, that cheese cake looks divine! I think I'll try the recipe next week, I need a bigger pan, the one I have is very small and I would have to "half" the recipe. I made a cake today and we will probably eat on it all week...that will give me time to get the ingrediants...Ginny

Jane Smith said...

That looks so good. I've never tried baking one.

My excuse is that we have a friend here who makes them for special occasions. No need for me to try it. LOL