"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Sourdough Starter

I love homemade sourdough bread. I have tried on several occasions to make and keep a sourdough starter, but have not been pleased with the results........
until now. I just found a wonderful recipe for sourdough starter, that as you can see from the photo, is so far, working out well. It is a very simple recipe and very easy to maintain. I will know how good it is by this coming Thursday when it should be ready to make bread with. If this turns out successful, I will post the starter recipe as well as a bread recipe to share with all of you by this weekend.
How about you? Do you like sourdough bread? Have you worked with a starter or do you still have a starter? I would love to hear.

1 comment:

Grammyof13 said...

Hello Kathleen. I love sour dough bread and had lost the starter. somehow I thought it had yeast in it.

thanks I'll try this.