"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sourdough Starter Recipe and Bread Recipe Link




The sourdough starter that I posted about in my last post has turned out wonderful. I used a bread recipe I found for my bread machine on the Internet and will share the link with you.




I chose this recipe for the bread because it had such good reviews. I chose to make my dough into rolls, but you can do as you desire. Here is the sourdough starter recipe:




Sourdough Starter:




On a Sunday morning combine




2 cups flour




1 1/2 cups water.




Stir with wooden spoon. Cover with wet dishtowel. Now, every morning thereafter, Monday-Friday, stir in 1/3 cup flour and 1/4 cup water.




On the seventh day, Saturday, your starter will be ready. It should have bubbles and pleasantly sour. In the morning, spoon 2 cups of starter into mixing bowl. Then just cover your "mother" starter, (don't add anything to it this day, it's a day of rest) and set it aside until the next day, Sunday, when you start up the adding routine again, stirring in 1/3 cup of flour and 1/4 cup of water to the mother stater.




To find out more on Sourdough Starter, the Internet is a wonderful resource.

No comments: