"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Peppermint Bark

If you walk into any store at this time of year, you are sure to see the pretty tins and containers that are on sale to put all of your Christmas baked goodies in.
Something very yummy and oh so pretty for the holiday
is this wonderful peppermint bark. It is so easy to make and so wonderful to ship to all of those loved ones across the miles.
All you need is a little bit of peppermint, and some peppermint flavoring,

and some wonderful creamy white chocolate. I made this last year and sent it to loved ones. It was so delicious. Here is the recipe...

Crushed candy canes, to yield 1 cup
2 pounds white chocolate
Peppermint flavorings, optional
Directions
Place candy canes in a plastic bag and hammer into 1/4-inch chunks or smaller. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Combine candy cane chunks with chocolate (add peppermint flavoring at this point if desired.) Pour mixture onto a cookie sheet layered with parchment or waxed paper and place in the refrigerator for 45 minutes or until firm. Remove from cookie sheet and break into pieces (like peanut brittle.)
Now how about you? Do you make something wonderful and send it in pretty containers across the miles? What kind of goodies to you like to receive? I would love to hear!
Enjoy!





4 comments:

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

We make this peppermint bark every year but we use white/vanilla chips. We also make bark with pretzels and chocolate chips. In fact my oldest son was just saying yesterday that it's time to make our candy.. it was Dec. 1st!! He's a bit anxious to get it made I think. ha ha

LindaSueBuhl said...

great idea - I need a little something more to put in a package for someone who is deadly allergic to nuts - most of my holiday recipes feature nuts so have had to work to find appealing things - this sounds just perfect!

nancy huggins said...

Thank you for sharing this..I have seen it before but have forgotten all about it...I will be making some of this to put in the boxes of gifts I send my kids

Conni said...

This looks so good!