"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Maybe the Kathleen......something project??

I got the wonderful DVD of my most favorite movie! Julie & Julia. What a wonderful thing to do with a cooking blog!
After this movie came out, I have found a few bloggers who are doing almost the same thing with different cookbooks and in different ways.....
which, with my great collection of cookbooks, has me wondering .......
should I?.......but mostly......could I?
I certainly have the spare time to make wonderful dishes.......but which book would I choose?
The obstacles that I am facing in this journey would be
First: being able to purchase the ingredients.
Some ingredients are pricey and sometimes would not fit into my budget, and in our area, not all ingredients can be found.
Second: I have a family of very picky eaters...or to be fair....simple things(mostly meat, potatoes and bread) that we all have grown up with fits our palette most. Buying foreign ingredients that my family is not familiar in eating would also be a waste. It is very hard to get them to even eat vegetables.
Of course, in fixing different dishes, they might discover that they would like such treats. Anyhow.....this kind of project is something I would really have to do some research and thinking on.
How about you? Have any of you started cooking like the blogger Julie has? If so, what cookbook and how is it going? I would love to hear!



2 comments:

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

I have considered working my way through a cookbook and trying everything. But I have the same concerns that you have. My husband is the meat & taters guy around here, so that may be a bit tricky.

It would be quite an experiment though!!

If you decide to do the challenge, it will be interesting to read about it on your blog.

The Gingerbread House said...

Hi Kathleen, I tried writing you for the Roll recipe you showed in the iron skillet...the email came back to me..Have you changed your address? Please forward the recipe, I'm anxious to try making the rolls , I have such bad luck with them...Thanks, Ginny