"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fall is just about here and it's time for all of those wonderful dishes with apples to fill our homes with the aroma of cinnamon and spices.
One of my favorite apple dishes is this rich, wonderful apple dumpling recipe. So good by itself or served with a scoop of ice cream.

Apple Dumplings

2 large Granny Smith apples

2 cans crescent rolls

2 sticks butte

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 tsp. vanilla

cinnamon

8 oz. Mountain Dew

Peel and core apples and slice each apple into 8 slices. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll and place in a 9x13 lightly greased baking dish. Melt butter, then add sugar and stir slightly, leaving the mixture grainy.Add vanilla, stir and our over apple crescents. Pour Mountain Dew around and down the center of rolls. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 F. for 40 minutes. Enjoy!


5 comments:

Mildred said...

This sounds so good. Growing up and eating lunch out on Sundays after church, we would visit S&S Cafeteria and would always choose apple dumpling for dessert. Thanks for this recipe.

Conni said...

Oh my - this sounds great! Must try!

The imPerfect Houswife said...

Yep, gotta try this one!! ♥

Patty H. said...

That sounds good but also very sweet with the mtn dew. May try it for the guys.
I've already fixed an apple cake. Was so good

grammy said...

I was just visiting around and found you. I like to visit other Granny's or Nanny's or Grammy's (o: I didn't know I would end up copying a recipe. It looks so simple even I could make it. I am off to visit your other site now.