"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Creamy Coleslaw

If you are like my family, Independence day is spent with friends and family and lots of good food.....with the meats grilled out on the grill. Someone always brings a great potato salad and there is always a big pot of red beans and homemade breads. We all know of the wonderful desserts waiting to be finished off. I always like a cool vegetable salad of some kind also This coleslaw is so delicious and easy to make. A cool side for a hot afternoon of good fun! Enjoy

1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 medium head cabbage, finely shredded or chopped (4 cups)
1 small carrot, shredded (1/2 cup)
1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)

Mix all ingredients except cabbage, carrot and onion in large glass or plastic bowl. Add remaining ingredients; toss until evenly coated.

Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors. Cover and refrigerate any remaining salad.

2 comments:

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Kathleen,
This recipe for coleslaw sounds really delicious. I'll try this out on my company. Thank you for sharing it with us. I hope you had a great 4th of July and will have a wonderful weekend. Blessings, Brenda. I heard over the national news that it's really hot in Texas. I hope you'll get some cooler weather.

Conni said...

Just had to let you know that I made this the other day – and it was delicious! It will be the way I make coleslaw from now on…