"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Coconut Macaroons

These are the most rich and delicious little cookies. Not many ingredients to deal with. very quick and easy to make. I usually make these along with other favorites when I make a box of cookies to give away.
2 egg whites
Dash of salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
Beat egg whites (at room temperature) and salt in a medium mixing bowl until foamy. Add sugar and vanilla, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in coconut and pecans. Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake at 350F. for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and place cookie sheets on a damp cloth for a few seconds. Remove macaroons to wire racks to cool. ENJOY!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Yummy! I love macaroons and make them every once in awhile but I've never used pecans in my recipe...I'm going to have to give this a try...hugs, Linda

Conni said...

I can almost taste these! I love macaroons!