"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sqaush Cake

Can't get family members to eat their vegtables?? This cake is so good they will never look at sqaush the same way.
I love garden fresh squash.......however, my husband (sweetie) and my children do not like to even look at it. A few years ago, I made a cookbook for family and friends and asked each one to contribute a favorite recipe. It was a wonderful success. This recipe came from a co-worker, friend of mine and it uses yellow squash. It is one of Sweetie's favorites and yes....he knows yellow squash is in it.
Beat Together:
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
Add:
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
3 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups shredded raw squash
3 tsp. vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts
1 cup raisins
Mix all ingredients well. Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan and bake at 350F. for one hour or until center is firm to touch. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Childers Corner said...

That sounds good! I made squash jelly one year and it was so good! It tasted like orange marmalade which I love. I ate it all up.

Nancy M. said...

With all the squash I planted, I really need some new recipes! I have never heard of a squash cake.

Dani said...

great recipe...our yellow crookneck is starting to really produce...we had them grilled last night and even our teens loved them and wanted more so that's a good way to go too..just wash, slice down the length, brush with a little olive oil and grill...delicious!

Conni said...

I'm going to have to try this!

The Accessory Lady said...

The squash cake sounds amazing. I will have to try this one. Thank you!