"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Slow Cooker Beef and Beans

I love to use my slow cooker especially if I am in the middle of a sewing project.
I just made this , this past week. It is so hearty and so easy! (I used plain pinto beans instead of baked beans. )

A delicious seasoned pot roast is slow cooked until tender, then baked beans are added to the pot. A flavorful combination of beef and beans, this is a great budget meal the family will love.
Ingredients:
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
1 boneless chuck roast, about 4 to 5 pounds
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons Creole or Cajun seasoning blend (if salt-free, add 1/2 teaspoon salt)
dash black pepper
dash garlic powder
1/2 cup beef broth
1 large green or red bell pepper, diced
2 cans (22 to 28 ounces each) baked beans, or your favorite kind
Sprinkle chopped onions over the bottom of the cooker; place roast on onions. Combine the brown sugar, seasoning blend, pepper, and garlic powder; rub over the roast. Pour the beef broth into the bottom of the crock pot. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours or on HIGH for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours. Carefully drain off liquids and discard. Add the chopped bell pepper and beans to the pot roast; cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour longer.
Serves 6 to 8. Enjoy!

No comments: