"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Strawberry Gelatin Salad

We had potluck soup, breads and desserts after church services today. I made this wonderful gelatin salad. It was a hit! It is also so pretty for Valentine's day. Very easy to make and very tasty!
3 small packages strawberry gelatin
3 cups boiling water
2 small containers frozen strawberries, thawed
1/2 large bag miniature marshmallows
butter to melt marshmallows
1 cup sour cream
Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in strawberries and pour into a 13x9 dish. Place in refrigerator till set. Melt marshmallows in butter until smooth and then stir in sour cream until well blended. Pour over set gelatin and place back in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

ooh, i love these kind of things. i wonder why we call them salads though. i guess it makes them sound healthier... ha.
you've been quite the Ms. Blogger today, Kathleen. All 3 blogs, wow.

Childers Corner said...

That looks good! Save some for me lol.

Paula said...

That looks so yummy! Thank you for sharing!
Love, Paula

P.S. The word verification for my comment is table! I thought that went well with your recipe blog!

Linda said...

This is pretty and yummy too....I think maybe nice for Christmas too. Thank you for sharing.

Happy Valentinse's Day..hugs, Linda

Shirl said...

Hello and thank you for stopping by. Your recipes look so yummy. I might have to give them a try.
BLess you, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage