"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Recipe from Blue Willow Inn

A little while back, a dear friend sent The Blue Willow Inn cookbook to me. It is full of history on the Inn and has the most delicious down home recipes to go with it. I had not thought about this book in a while until I visited Mildred at Nally Valley http://nalleyvalley.blogspot.com/ On Jan 8th, she posted about this wonderful inn and also about one of their cookbooks. If you have not visited Mildred yet, please drop by. She tells the best history on the most loveliest places. She is such a joy to drop by on! This post about Blue Willow Inn is so well written. The cookbook has recipes such as Collard Greens, Cornbread Dressing, Pot Roast with Gravy, Country Fried Steak, Black Eyed Peas.... the kinds of foods grandma and mama brought us up with! Here is one of my very favorites... Buttermilk Pie
Buttermilk Pie
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup sugar
2 tbs. flour
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. lemon extract
1 unbaked (9-inch) pie shell
Preheat oven to 350.F . Combine eggs,sugar, flour, and butter in bowl, and mix well. Add the buttermilk, vanilla and lemon extract. Mix well. Pour into the pie shell and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until pie is set and golden brown. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Mildred said...

Kathleen: thanks for posting this recipe. My neighbor from childhood used to make this pie and I have not thought of it in years. It was a favorite of mine. Thanks too for the link and kind words. I always enjoy your blogs and look forward to visiting. Have a good night!

Childers Corner said...

Oooh, that sounds so good! Those are my favorite kinds of recipes.

Farm Chick Paula said...

Mmmm this sounds wonderful, Kathleen!!