"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Frozen Fruitcake Salad


This is the most wonderful tasting salad! So easy to make and perfect for the holiday dinner.

1 cup dairy sour cream.........1/2 of 8 oz. carton of frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/2 cup sugar.........................2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla............................1 15 1/2 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
2 med. bananas, sliced..........1 cup marchino cherries chopped
In mixing bowl blend together sour cream, whipped topping, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla. Fold in fruits. Turn into a 4 1/2 cup ring mold. Freeze overnight or for several hours. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!

7 comments:

Mildred said...

This sounds delicious and EASY! Thank you so much for sharing.

Linda said...

Kathleen, this does sound delicious....I'm always looking for new recipes and yours are the best. Thank you for the recipe. I have a frozen salad similar to this but in mine there are no bananas. I like to serve mine during the holidays because of the pretty red cherries.....hugs, Linda

Lynne said...

Haven't seen a recipe like this, sounds lovely! Not sure that we have frozen whipped topping. Do I buy it or just freeze my own? I can improvise anyway can't I!

ladydi said...

Mmmm, I can't wait to try it. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Linda said...

Kathleen, I got the message...thank you...Merry Christmas, hugs, Linda

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

I can't wait to try this! Sounds sooooo good! Thank you! Cora

Childers Corner said...

I have this same recipe but it has a different name. I can't think of it atm. A friend gave it to me when I was about 18. The recipe said to quarter the bananas, so I quartered them. I cut each banana into four pieces. lol