"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Friday, October 17, 2008

A new cookbook and a wonderful meatloaf recipe!

Once again, I have been given a wonderful new cookbook.
This cookbook is full of wonderful little stories about Trisha's family and about the recipe , with some of the best "home cookin" recipes. My friend, who gave this book to me, told me that out of all of the meatloaves she has made in her time, this has to be the best. I fixed it last week when we had guests, and she was right. It was wonderful.
2 pounds lean ground beef 20 saltine crackers, crumbled
1 large egg, lightly beaten 1/4 cup ketchup
1 tbs. yellow mustard 1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper 1 medium onion, chopped
Preheat oven to 350.F
Gently mix the beef, cracker crumbs, egg, ketchup, mustard, salt, pepper, and onion until blended. Shape the mixture into two loaves and place side by side crosswise in a 9x13x2 inch pan. Bake the loaves for 1 hour, or until they are browned. Transfer to a platter immediately and allow to cool slightly and firm up before slicing. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Linda said...

This does sound so yummy. My hubby loves ground beef and I'm always trying new recipes...this is in our furture. This cookbook is going on my Christmas wish list. There is a good article and recipes in one of my latest magazines featuring TY. I loved it and her family sure can cook.
I'm so happy you are keep this blog going...I enjoy all your blogs but just love this one.
I'm making you Butterscotch Bundt Cake for Thanksgiving...it sounds so good....hugs, Linda

Lisa said...

I love new recipes! Thanks for this meatloaf one... I'll be sure and try it out on my family.