"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Oatmeal Sugar-Spice Crisps

I have collected recipes from the back of boxes and magazines for many years. I have pasted them all in large spirals. Some of the best dishes and desserts have come from these clippings.

Sorry about the bad quality picture..... these cookies are my husband's favorite and for my daughter, I spread the batter onto a cookie sheet and bake the required minutes. After it cools, I break it up as in granola. It is wonderful either in cookie form or granola form.
3/4 cups flour 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt 1/4 each, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg
1/2 cup butter, softened 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar 1 large egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup raisins 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
Cinnamon sugar:
2 tbs. sugar mixed with 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
Heat oven to 350. F. Lightly grease cookie sheet. Mix flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
Beat butter and sugars in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, then vanilla.
Gradually stir in flour mixture until blended, then oats, raisins, and walnuts.
Drop rounded teaspoonfuls 2 1/2 inches apart onto prepared pan. Flatten each cookie with bottom of glass that has been buttered and dipped into cinnamon sugar mixture.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes until medium brown. Remove to wire rack, cool, and enjoy!


2 comments:

LindaSueBuhl said...

Made these for a Sunday afternoon treat - YUMMY!!

Linda said...

What a neat way to save all the recipes we cut out...I have tons of them. This will be a good project for this winter. Recipe treat looks good too...hugs, Linda