"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Monday, July 7, 2008

Easy Strawberry Cheesecake

This is such a light and creamy cool dessert! I fixed it for our 4th of July dessert. It was perfect after eating the grilled food! It is so easy to make. I just made it in a small square cake pan like a 9x9.
Crust:

2 cups graham cracker crumbs

6 tbsp. butter, melted

3 tbsp. sugar

Arrange aluminum foil over pan with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Mix crumbs, butter and sugar together. Press firmly into foil lined pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.

Filling:

1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese, room temperature

1/4 cup sugar

1 8oz. container whipped topping

1 small container frozen strawberries, thawed and drained

Mix sugar and cream cheese together until well blended. Stir in strawberries and whipped topping until well combined. Spoon over crust, cover. Refrigerated an hour or until firm. Use extended foil on pan to lift out cheesecake from pan. Cut and serve. Enjoy!


6 comments:

Linda said...

Kathleen, another yummy recipe...it does sound light and refreshing. I'm collecting so many of your nice recipes...I love it.

That is such a pretty plate you served this delish dessert on. Hugs, Linda

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Hi Kathleen!
This sounds so cool and yummy. I think I'll be trying this recipe this week. Thanks!
Patricia :o)

Pam said...

Oh my, Kathleen, this sounds so good; just perfect for summer evenings!
Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Joy said...

This looks really yummy! thanks for sharing the recipe.

Conni said...

Oh my, that looks yummy! And is that a vintage plate? The whole presentation is delightful...

Kathleen from Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Thank you everyone for the sweet comments. I hope you liked this dessert if you tried it. And yes, the little plate is vintage. It is one of my grandmother's. It is Virginia Rose design by Homer Laughlin. My favorite design. Blessings, Kathleen