"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Sunday, May 4, 2008

A wonderful suprise package!

The weekend brought much work completed and left with much more to still do. In the midst of it all, a package arrived from a dear friend who knows how much I love handwritten and cut out recipes. She has spent the last few months, collecting these from flea markets, nostalgia shops and also, after updating hers on computer, tossed in a few of her own. As you can see, I have quite a lot to read!! There are recipes that I have never heard of before as, Date Nut Mayonnaise Cake, Filbert Chocolate Cream Bars that I am not so sure of how they might taste, and then there are yummy sounding ones like Pecan Fruit Filling and Baked Corn with Chive Sauce. Then there are the ones we are all acquainted with such as Oatmeal Apple Betty and Cherry Pound Cake. If you have heard of any of these recipes, please let me know. I am not sure how many of them I will try. However, if someone tells me they are good, I will certainly make them. So for now, I will read and give a few a try and post the recipes here at a later date.{:

4 comments:

Linda said...

This looks like fun. I love reading recipes especially ones from someones collection. You are going to be like a little test kitchen:)....I hope you find lots of real yummy ones. Hugs, Linda

Kathleen from Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Hi Linda, I wish I could make a lot of these recipes. Some of them sound very good! I will post some when I get them made. So glad you dropped by! blessings, Kathleen

Shannon said...

I stumbled acrossed your
blog in my web-travels today...
What a wonderful idea. I never thought of getting recipes from the flea market. Sounds like a great way to get good old fashioned recipes. Surely you'll find a gem or two in there :)

Kathleen from Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Hi Shannon, so glad you stopped by. Please come back soon! Blessings, Kathleen