"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Thursday, May 1, 2008

A wonderful cake for the weekend

Here it is the weekend already upon us! Where do all the days go? With much to do, I will leave you with this wonderful cake recipe. Maybe you can try it this weekend. Be ready to be asked for the recipe, it is delicious!
Butterscotch Bundt Cake
Among my collection of cookbooks and recipes, I have a few boxes of recipes as well. In one box, there is a ordinary yellow index card, stained and faded,a recipe written in one of my dear friends beautiful handwriting. The recipe...... Butterscotch Bundt Cake. One of the best cakes I have ever come across. It has been served as one of the Thanksgiving desserts at my home many times, taken to church and school functions, and is a favorite just to have to munch on any day of the month. Moist and with a wonderful cinnamon flavor. I am asked for this recipe every time I serve this cake.

As you can see, I serve it plain with no icing drizzle or powder sugar dusting. I also did not add nuts. I have a few picky eaters who like it this way.{:
1 yellow cake mix .................................1 pkg. butterscotch instant pudding
4 eggs......................................................3/4 cup veg. oil
amount of water it says on the cake box
1 tsp. vanilla
(cinnamon sugar layer)
1/3 cup sugar
2 Tbs. cinnamon
1/2 cup. chopped nuts (optional)
Mix sugar, cinnamon and pecans together in a small bowl. Set aside. Mix cake mix, eggs, water, oil, vanilla, and pudding. (leave a pudding for icing flavor.) Grease and flour bundt cake pan. Pour layer of cake batter into pan, then sprinkle a layer of cinnamon sugar. Keep layering, making sure batter is on top. Bake at 350F. for 40 minutes or until done. Let cool. Mix powdered sugar and the left pudding plus a tiny amount of water for a glaze. Drizzle over cake, or simply dust cake with powdered sugar. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Farm Chick Paula said...

I'm trying this cake out this weekend, Kathleen- I can't wait to taste it!
I keep forgetting about this blog of yours, so I added it to my desktop to remind me to visit here more often.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend and a happy Mother's Day!