"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Monday, April 7, 2008

Zucchinni Bread




A few years ago, I received this cookbook as a birthday gift from a sweet friend. Titled Kitchen Keepsakes.. recipes for home cookin', by Bonnie Welch & Deanna White. I just love the cover with the chickens and eggs of course! It is filled with wonderful recipes. One I have tried and love is Zucchini Bread. It makes 2 loaves and tastes absolutely delicious. I am looking forward to raising zucchini this year and will certainly be baking a lot of this to pass around.


NOTE: I did not add coconut or chocolate chips, and I added a whole cup of pecans


3 eggs, well beaten................ 2 cups sugar

1 cup oil................................ 2 cups shredded zucchini

3 cups flour ...........................1/2 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. salt............................. 1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon..................... 2 tsp. vanilla

1 /2 cup chopped nuts............. 1 cup coconut (optional)

1 cup chocolate chips (optional)


Beat eggs until light and fluffy. Add sugar, vanilla, and oil. Blend well. Stir in zucchini. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, soda and cinnamon. Blend with egg mixture. Fold in nuts, coconut, and chocolate chips if desired. Turn into two greased and floured 9x5 loaf pans. Bake at 350.F for 60 to 65 minutes. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Maryjane said...

Hi Kathleen! Yeah a new cooking blog! I can smell that bread now! Yum! Looking forward to seeing more shared recipes! Hugs, Maryjane

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Thanks for stopping by Maryjane. I wish all of us blogging girls could get together to eat and make things! Good to hear from you, blessings, Kathleen

Pam said...

Oh Kathleen...I'm so excited about your new blog. It looks wonderful.
That zuchinni bread looks wonderful, too, and I'm going to have to try it.
Hugs,
Pam

shirl said...

Looks delish! Can't wait to try it. I love your collection of cookbooks. I have some but not as many as you have! I love the old pics in them.
Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Linda said...

I love it here too. Darling header and this recipe looks so yummy....I like the nuts too.
I have lots of cookbooks, a my mom's recipes and some from my granma also. I know I'm going to enjoy your recipes. Hugs, Linda