"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

A wonderful muffin to wake up to!


Chocolate Chip Muffins
I found this recipe while browsing the net one day. It comes from a bed and breakfast inn, called Inn at the Park Bed & Breakfast in Louisville, Kentucky. Are any of you familiar with this location? I have made and served these muffins to overnight guests for a breakfast muffin. Also to different work crews who have come out to the house to do repairs for the day. Every time I serve them, they quickly disappear and are always commented on how good they are. I personally love them with a can of drained blueberries instead of chocolate chips. However, I always have to make chocolate chip ones for the family. Either way you decide on how you would like them, I hope you enjoy them!
2 cups flour.................1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder....1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. salt.................2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup melted butter.....2 eggs lightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla................1 pkg. chocolate chips or 1 can blueberries
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Preheat oven to 400.F . Line muffin tins with cupcake papers. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, stir together milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla until well blended. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients; add milk mixture and stir just until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips or berries. Spoon batter into muffin tins and bake 15-20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from tins. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Kathleen Grace said...

Well chocolate makes everything better:>)! My husband makes pumpkin-chocolate chip muffins that are fabulous in the autumn. I will have to try these myself!

Linda said...

These look so good, another recipe for my file. I would prefer the blueberries too. Hugs, Linda