"At my table, sit with me. I'll pour coffee or some tea. Perhaps we'll share our tears and laughter, and be friends forever after.


Welcome! Come on in, pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee and take a look at recipes from different cookbooks, vintage finds from vintage cupboards and enjoy sharing memories.

Monday, April 7, 2008

recipes from cookbooks and other sources







Hi everyone, when it comes to taking care of my family, cooking consumes a major part of my time. I have loved cookbooks and family recipes as way back as I can remember. I have collected old and new, and I have a passion for clipped recipes out of magazines and newspapers. As you can see from the photo, I clip them out and paste them into large spiral notebooks. If I have made that particular recipe, I will write a note on it, stating how it turned out. Also one photo is of just some of my cookbook collection. One year, I asked all of our family and friends to send me a recipe with a story about it. After I had received them, a gracious friend helped me type them all up and print the pages. I then placed them in homemade covers and created a family and friends cookbook for all who contributed. I did not ask for money and I did not sell any of them. This was a gift from my heart to all to have to pass down someday to future generations. I got such wonderful feedback from everyone, plus the book had some of the best recipes in it. I am now in the process of writing a cookbook of the meals that my family loves best. Once again, not for profit, but for one day, each of my children to have their own copy... for their favorite dishes.... for the memories. In creating this blog, I will share cookbooks that I have discovered, recipes I have made from these sources and odds and ends of cooking treasures from vintage cupboards.I would love to hear what your favorite cookbook or recipe, or family dining memory is. I hope this will be fun and enjoyable for all of you, my blogging friends. Enjoy! Kathleen